Wednesday, July 11, 2012

[digital] Negru - Young Man EP

Artist(s): Negru; remix by Alex Picone
Name: Young Man
Genre: tech-house

Label: WOW! Recordings
Catalog: WOW33
No. of tracks: 2
Type: unmixed 


Tracklist:


01. Young Man
02. Young Man (Alex Picone remix)


Opinion:


Just got two fresh tracks this morning, from my Romanian fellow Negru, known for his work on labels like Cecille, Soweso and Sincopat. I also was glad to see that one of them was remixed by one of my favorite artists when it comes to tech-house, Alex Picone.

The original of Young Man is a lesson in pure tech-house, in the same style of Livio & Roby`s work, when they are not going deep or try to be minimalistic. Loads of percussion and such a fine bass, it made me move instantly when I was listening to it. It also made me remember the great Bucharest nights, with Negru spinning his records in the dj booth. Alex Picone continues from where the original stopped, and creates quite a different version, more rough and techno-oriented. Both tracks are suited for the peak-time, and I hope to hear them out of a club speaker as soon as possible. But until the EP will be out (in a couple of weeks), you can grab the original as it was released on a vinyl, besides big names like Audiofly, Alex Celler and Coyu. I left you a link:





http://www.chemical-records.co.uk/sc/servlet/Info?Track=WOWVINYL01

http://www.decks.de/t/various_artists-swimming_alone-no_props-jerk_the_party-young_man/c00-c1

No comments:

Post a Comment