Tuesday, March 15, 2011

[CD] Above & Beyond pres. Oceanlab - Sirens of the Sea Remixed

Specs:

Artist(s): Oceanlab (Above & Beyond + Justine Suissa); remixes by Jaytech, Michael Cassette, Andy Duguid, Gareth Emery, Lange, Oliver Smith, Andrew Bayer, Myon & Shane 54, 16 Bit Lolitas, Sonorus, Dudernstadt, Armin van Buuren, Ferry Corsten, Signum
Name: Sirens of the Sea Remixed
Genre: trance
Label: Anjunabeats
Catalog: ANJCD013
No. of CDs: 2
Type: compilation

Tracklist:

1-01 If I Could Fly (Jaytech Remix)
1-02 Come Home (Michael Cassette Remix)
1-03 On The Beach (Andy Duguid Remix)
1-04 Lonely Girl (Gareth Emery Remix)
1-05 On A Good Day (Above & Beyond Club Mix)
1-06 I Am What I Am (Lange Remix)
1-07 Breaking Ties (Above & Beyond Analogue Haven Mix)
1-08 Miracle (Above & Beyond Club Mix)
1-09 Ashes (Oliver Smith Remix)
1-10 Sirens Of The Sea (Above & Beyond Club Mix)

2-01 Secret (Andrew Bayer Remix)
2-02 Just Listen (Myon & Shane 54 Remix)
2-03 On A Good Day (16 Bit Lolita's Remix)
2-04 Miracle (Michael Cassette Remix)
2-05 Sirens Of The Sea (Sonorous Remix)
2-06 Breaking Ties (Duderstadt Remix)
2-07 Satellite (Original Above & Beyond Mix)
2-08 Sky Falls Down (Armin van Buuren Remix)
2-09 Clear Blue Water (Ferry Corsten Remix)
2-10 Beautiful Together (Signum Remix)

Opinion:

I have chosen this compilation to mark my first CD review on the blog for various reasons...

First of all I love trance, and especially uplifting. Secondly I love Above & Beyond. And thirdly I am a great fan of Anjunabeats. But those are my personal reasons. Let`s go to more general ones.

This album is a remix collection of Oceanlab`s songs, but not only those present on the Sirens of the Sea album, but also previous ones. It contains 20 tracks, 5 of them being original or club mixes. To think logically, you should buy this because:

1. the quality is outstanding. Above & Beyond deliver the best trance I`ve ever heard and Justine Suissa adds more beauty to the songs, delivering the vocals with her extraordinary voice. And just think about the top class artists that made the remixes, from superstar Armin van Buuren to Ferry Corsten.

2. full length unmixed tracks. I really appreciate when the compilations are not mixed, because I like to listen to the full song, not just a part of it

3. very nice artwork and packaging, not just 2 cd`s in a sleeve. This looks like a deluxe/collector`s edition, but the thing is that is not. Just top quality for everyone.

I won this at a contest and I received it signed by Jono, Tony, Paavo and Justine. A trully wonderful finishing touch upon an album that represents one of the pillars of vocal uplifting trance.




















No comments:

Post a Comment